Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Winner


Bobby and I made the trip to Mosinee (1 hour-45 minutes away) on Sunday for a karate tournament. It has been a while since I saw Bobby sparring, and he was shining on Sunday. We left the house pretty early to make it to the tournament in time to register and compete. We were at the high school around 10AM, in plenty of time. Bobby was up against 4 others. They all out weighed and had a number of inches in height on him. As a parent, you always worry. Will he get hurt (physically and/or emotionally). If they don't win, there is always a lesson to be learned, but you can't beat the high you get from winning. Well, to make a long story short, he won 1st place! He has such courage! I am sure that I would not even consider competing against a group of my pears who are all taller and heavier than I am. Where most people would walk away from the experience, he walks right up to the challenge and faces it head on. I am so proud!

Here are a few shots from the day. He is sparring in the first photo and has just won his 1st place trophy in the second photo (too tired to smile).

No comments: